Thursday, May 7, 2009

Going Home From the Hospital

It was one of the weirdest experiences to leave the hospital. Not just because we couldn't believe that they would let us walk out with a baby that we had no idea how to take care of, but also because there was an extra little person in our family. When we came in on Friday, it was just Peter and me; on Sunday we left as a family of 3.


This is her all dressed up ready to go home. She doesn't look very happy here. Maybe she is scared that the hospital is sending her away with 2 inexperienced parents who don't know what they are doing.





She is all buckled up in her carseat that Daddy thinks Mommy spent way too much money on. I told him if he was that upset with having to buy a carseat, he could call my brother-in-law, Brent, who could teach him how to make a harness out of rope to strap her in with. It seems to work well with his children.

2 comments:

StevenKatie said...

I was showing little Alex the picture of Candice holding Laura. Once he identified Candice as Aunt Candice he said "Aunt Candice is smart." I don't know where he heard that...I thought it was funny that of all the things he could say he said that. :)

le said...

Today my husband Brent and I were discussing carseats, so I showed him the part about tying rope instead of a carseat. I think he wants to meet your brother in law now.