Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Toys

I hate toys. I hate organizing them. I hate picking them up. And I hate finding them all over the house. Because of these reasons, I haven't bought any toys for Laura, even though she is getting to the age where she is starting to appreciate them. I always tell Peter that there is no reason to buy a toy when she has just as much fun playing with a piece of paper or a wooden spoon. Well, two days ago I caught her trying to swallow a big piece of paper and yesterday she poked herself in the eye with a wooden spoon. So I gave in today and bought her a toy to play with. I don't think she likes it anymore than the wooden spoon, but at least I am not worried about her hurting herself.

2 comments:

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

I know what you mean. It seems our kids hardly ever play with the toys we get them, even now at 5 and 6. They prefer my kitchen bowls and utensils or a stick. Go figure. But toys are very helpful as far as safety goes for that age til about two, and I found out the hard way, too. :)

Cyndie said...

Toys are terrific. What did you get her?