Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's a girl!!!



We had our 20 week ultrasound and were pleased to find that we are having a little girl. That night we celebrated with brownies topped with pink peppermint icecream and pink whip cream, served with pink punch.

I am so excited we are having a little girl! I can't wait to dress her up in pretty little dresses and hair bows.

My belly is big enough now that people love to comment on my pregnant body and what they think about it. I find it interesting that complete strangers feel so comfortable in giving me medical advice and diagnosing any possible problems. How is it possible that in the same day I will have one person tell me that my belly is too small for 5 months along, while another complete stranger claims I am so big I have to be having twins? (Apparently this lady is so experienced in estimating child size, she thinks she knows more than the doctor who has a camera that sees inside my belly.) Yesterday somebody asked me why my baby was so high. I am glad she made me aware that my baby was higher than it was supposed to be as I never realized that it was too low. I really don't mind all the sudden interest in my body, but I need to learn to not let their free advice worry me. One moment I am worrying that I am too small and my baby isn't growing properly, while the next I am worried that I have a baby prone to obesity who likes to ride dangerously high in my belly. I guess it is all part of the fun of being pregnant.

3 comments:

Laura said...

CONGRATS! If you visit us I may send you home with one or two thousand girly outfits from Maddie's baby things that barely got used and it looks like never will...Girls are WAY more fun to dress up. Is Peter disappointed? Guys seem to always want boys first. And that cucaracha song is still disturbing.

Life is Full of Adventures! said...

Congrats! I'm glad you were able to find out what you are having. Happy Holidays!

blindblogger said...

Congratulations!