Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Laura at 13 months

Laura just keeps getting more and more fun. I love this age. She is constantly jabbering all day long (Peter says she takes after her mother) and often times she gets lucky and stumbles across real words. For the past few weeks she has been walking around the house saying, "guys!" like she has an announcement to make and wants everyone to hear. Her vocabulary also includes: "uh-oh," "mama," "dada," "hi" (which she says to everyone in the grocery store), "oh yeah" and "wow."

She also loves to accessorize. She is constantly putting things on her head, around her neck, on her hands, etc. Maybe it is my fault for telling her how pretty she when I put a flower on her head to try to encourage her not to rip it off. Now she thinks she can put anthing on her head, or elsewhere, and she looks pretty. This includes, scraps of fabric, food, toys, etc. All day long she is collecting items and sticking them somewhere on herself. Then she will go look in the mirror and giggle at herself. The other day she was walking around with this pink shirt on her head for 5 minutes. She couldn't see anything so she kept running into walls and furniture but I guess she thought it was so pretty she couldn't take it off.



She is a super happy baby and is so easy. Which means that my life is easy since my only responsibility is to take care of her. She is especially good when there are other children around.

I also love having a little model to practice my sewing. Most of her wardrobe consists of little dresses I have made her. In fact, I think I need to chill on sewing her more clothes. But I am just having so much fun. Everything looks good on her so she makes me feel like I am a better seamstress than I am. Trust me, I tried to make a skirt for myself last week and it was a total disaster. So, I am just going to stick with sewing Laura's wardrobe. I also made her a white sun hat to protect her from the ridiculously, hot TN sun.




Laura recently learned to give five and give kisses. I love those slobbery kisses! And when you ask her "where's your head" she sticks both hands on her head and smiles. When asked "where's your nose" she sticks her finger in her mouth. We are still working on that one.



7 comments:

Angela and Enrique said...

Cute pictures of Laura! All of her little dresses you've made are so cute!!

Cyndie said...

Wherever did you get that adorable blue smock and white leggings? Just kidding. I wish boys could wear adorable summer smocks.

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

She is adorable! And the dresses and sun hat you made don't hurt. :) Wish we lived closer so she and Lucy could be friends.

Leanna said...

super cute fielding! love the stories and all the pretty clothes. i agree..making clothes for baby girls is too much fun. i'm not nearly as talented as you...but i did love making two dresses for azaleia. so so so much fun! you look great too! love the dark hair!

Alainna Beus said...

Oh Candice she's so cute! Just wish I could hold her in my arms and snuggle her! Can't wait to see you guys in July! Unless of course you and Peter change your minds for the 57th time and decide you are not gonna come to UT after all. Hope that doesn't happen but history does have a tendency of repeating itself.

Oh, and I love the cute dresses. You're amazing.

Gasaway Family said...

Candice Fielding Munk! I can't believe you have been living in Utah this summer and have not gotten a hold of me. My mom just told me she saw you in church today and you are living in Springville! I hope you check your blog soon because I don't have your phone number. CALL ME I WANT TO SEE YOU! 801-921-9736.

Tania Gisele Flores said...

Vos le haces sus vestidos?? son muy lindos!! y ella la modelo mas hermosa.