Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our New Home

I know for all the rest of you who have been living in a house for the past several years, it is nothing special to live in a house. But after spending the last 8 years of my life in apartments, I love having my own house. Of course, it is not our house at all because we are renting it but it feels so much more like our own personal house when we don't have neighbors above and below us. This morning I had so much fun mowing my little yard and checking my mailbox to see if there were any letters for me. And everyone time I use my washing machine to do a load of laundry, if feel as if I have died and gone to heaven.

You might be wondering why my baby is naked in this picture. It is because my husband doesn't want the air conditioning in our new house to run up a large bill. So, we don't use it. And for those of you who have been to TN in August know how hot and humid it can be with no AC. Our house stays above 80 degrees all through out the day and night. And even though I have a cute little room upstairs for our baby, she is sleeping downstairs with us where it is cooler.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Cute house...I can't wait for the day when I get my own house. I have shared a wall with someone for too long!

Looks like I need to come visit Nashville. Do you think Peter would turn on the AC for me? haha

Ciana said...

Can we see some more pics of your house. It looks great!

le said...

I often chose to go with out a/c in utah. But tell your husband his cousin said he was cheap, Nashville without a/c is insane. Poor Laura.
Air conditioning was invented so people could endure in the south (literally is was by a Georgia man), population in the south never grew until a/c. The whole reason Church buildings have a/c is because a head church leader went to a meeting in the south in the summer and said this is not ok, this is too hot.
But overall I'm jealous, Tennessee is one of my favorite states. I would love to live there.

Liz said...

I hear you with the a/c thing. I had a similar posting on my blog last week. I guess it runs in the family. :)

Tania Gisele Flores said...

Me gusta tu casa amiga parece chuchi y confortable. Caundo apenas nos casamos con Gabriel, alquilamos una casa..era grandisima y hasta teniamos una perra pero ahora vivimos en un departamento pequeño y comprendo todo lo que viviste en tu anterior casa...poco espacio, calor, no poder usar el aire acondicionado porque consume mucha energia...todo!! "Si Dios quiere" y si el banco nos hace un prestamo para el proximo año podremos tener nuestra propia casita, espero todo salga bien. Vos sos una mama muy hermosa sabias? Rohayhu.