Thursday, August 13, 2009

Things I will miss about the Brigadoon


Now that I am living in a new cute little house, I am reminded of all the things that I learned to love and will miss about the Brigadoon. The Brigadoon is the name of the apartment complex where Peter and I lived for the past 18 months. And yes, it is as romantic as it sounds. I will always treasure the memories from our first year of marriage spent in the Brigadoon. Some of my favorites include:
1. The star print bathroom counter.
2. Hauling my laundry each weekend to my mother-in-law's, or anyone else who took pity on us and let us use their washer and dryer.
3. The fact that I could stand in the middle of my kitchen and not be able to reach out my arms all the way with out hitting a wall or cupboard. I still can't believe I cooked as many meals as I did in the teeny, tiny space.
4. The 90 degree summers and the 55 degree winters.
5. The bathroom floor that was stained all around the toilet. No matter how hard I scrubbed it still looked like somebody had an accident.
6. The paint on the wall that would wash off with water. (Don't bother trying to clean off any stains, you just make the problem worse by removing the paint as well.)
7. The gamble that each night your's could be the car that was broken into.
8. That only 2 of the four burners on the stove worked. The other two, not matter how many times I cleaned them, would fill the small apartment with smoke if they were turned on.
9. The fire alarm that went off everytime I used the stove. (even the two working burners sent off the fire alarm.)
10. The community garden two blocks away where I had my own little plot.
11. It was where we took our baby home.
12. It is where I first lived as Peter's wife; our first home together.

No comments: